SUNDAY, JULY 28
Pre-Conference sessions are not included in the Best Value or Full Conference registration. A separate registration fee applies to attend.
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Becoming a Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP), the premier national supply chain credential, provides supply chain professionals a personal distinction in an increasingly competitive marketplace. This session provides an overview of the newly revised CMRP examination, the exam content areas and the types of questions asked. During a review of the CMRP Examination Review Guide, participants will discuss sample exam questions and the reasoning behind those answers. For information about the CMRP eligibility requirements, click here.
- Identify the “basics” of the CMRP exam, the major content areas, and cognitive levels
- Identify CMRP preparation resources you may need based on your learning preferences and area(s) of focus
- Develop a personalized CMRP study plan to prioritize, schedule and record CMRP study sessions
- Access more than 100 practice questions and answers
- Ask questions about supply chain management rationale, tips and techniques with the presenters and other participants
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Supply Chain 101
Part one of this two-part seminar introduces the fundamentals of healthcare supply chain. This session is highly recommended for providers and suppliers new to healthcare supply chain, and is an excellent refresher for seasoned supply chain professionals to stay on top of an ever-changing profession. This workshop has been highly rated by both provider and supplier attendees.
- Identify the key functions and responsibilities of the healthcare supply chain.
- Explain the basic principles of supply chain management in the healthcare context.
- Identify basic resources for management of the healthcare supply chain.
3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Supply Chain 201
Part two of this two-part seminar is designed to help healthcare provider and supplier managers and directors advance their professional knowledge and master core competencies. This highly interactive session will offer peer-to-peer learning with an emphasis on discussion and idea-sharing. The seminar concentrates on five key areas of supply chain management: strategic sourcing, distribution, technology solutions, metrics, and strategic planning. The presenter will deliver cutting-edge thought leadership on supply chain that will benefit both provider and suppliers.
- Connect the role of the supply chain as to the intersection of Cost, Quality and Outcomes.
- Identify and develop a strategic plan to align incentives and provide the structure necessary to meet overall needs and goals of the organization.
- Explore the critical elements of strategic sourcing in order to deliver the supplies and services needed to fulfill the mission of patient care.
8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Value Analysis 101: The Basic Steps to Clinical Value Analysis
This interactive session will define and describe the basic concepts of a clinical value analysis program. It will include learning how to formulate and operationalize a successful program based on interprofessional collaboration with clinicians, supply chain staff and the value analysis professionals.
- Describe the basic concepts of health care value analysis in the supply chain setting
- Identify the tenants and provide examples of a successful health care value analysis program
- Explore how health care value analysis addresses the goals of AHRMM’s CQO and Institute for Healthcare Improvement's Triple Aim
1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Value Analysis 201 - Advanced Concepts in Value Analysis
This interactive session will include presentations covering physician preference strategies - when to use them and what strategies align best by product service lines; case studies in product utilization - how best to analyze, visualize, and normalize practices for effective patient care while controlling costs; and tips on how to develop and nurture physician relationships and maintain strong value analysis teams. The presentations will be followed by a moderated panel discussion to include questions from the audience.
- Discuss tips to develop and nurture physician relationships and maintain strong value analysis teams
- Explain when to use advanced strategies and physician preference strategies and what strategies best align by product service lines
- Examine case studies outlining reduction of variation - how best to analyze, visualize, and normalize practices for effective patient care while controlling costs
- Scan the field horizon for disruptive technologies that contribute to the overall community care